Full-Time | Eagan, MN, US
Bay and Bay Transportation is seeking a full-time Claims Manager who will oversee and investigate insurance and Workers Comp claims, and coordinate with insurance companies to resolve claims. The Claims Manager coordinates safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Manages WC and insurance claims: Examines claims, consults with appropriate personnel (insurance company, police, hospital, etc.), explains procedure for filling WC and insurance claims, transmits routine claims for payment, reports claims findings and keeps Director of Safety informed of claims status
- Leads accident and injury investigations and coordinates preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations
- Manages/owns OS&D process with Customers, Operations and Drivers
- Manage drug and alcohol screening and random process
- Maintain Driver medical files
- Participate in planning and execution of Annual Safety Meeting
- Manage process of ensuring drivers are compliant with DOT requirements (CDL, physicals, MVR, self-certification, etc.)
- Manage MTA truck driving championship
- OSHA Record Keeping
- PICS /Avetta– portal management
- Monthly SIR / GW Claims Review and Audit
- Assist drivers with E Log questions
- Associates degree or 2-3 years of related work experience in safety/compliance, quality assurance, or process improvement.
- Current or previous CDL holder.
- 2-3 years experience in using Truckmate Database software preferred.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications.
- Proven ability to ask questions, learn quickly, and provide innovative solutions.
- Must approach each day with a positive and patient demeanor.
- Independent thinker, with the ability to run projects from conception to completion.
Why Bay & Bay Transportation?
- Smaller company atmosphere, where you’re a person, not a number.
- Solid company PTO policy, paid company holidays, and 401K.
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance options, as well as short and long term disability and life insurance.
- New modern office facility with on-site fitness center, standing desks, triple monitors, foosball/games, and much more!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bay & Bay is equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging position with a national leading trucking and logistics company, we’d like to hear from you!
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.