Customer Service Associate – Logistics
Full-Time | Eagan, MN, US
This position is located in our Eagan, MN office. This full-time, front-line position is accountable for freight order data entry, appointment scheduling and working directly with our Customer Service Representatives to develop customer relationships. As CSA’s develop their skills, ideally they would grow into the CSR role.
Daily Activities Include:
- Obtain daily pickup and delivery appointments with customers, shippers and receivers
- Registering customer orders (logistics needs) into our computer system with accurate, timely information
- Tracking and tracing all load assignments to ensure accuracy of pick up and delivery for time-sensitive freight
- Collect, document, and pass on accurate information to/from carriers/drivers and team members
- Create and manage tracking and tracing reports as required by customers and team members
- Document and communicate operational issues to team members and managers
- Assist with required operational and administrative load management requirement
- Assist in accurately completing accessorial billing items to ensure timely invoicing to the customer
- Assist in training new team members
- Provide back up to fellow team members as needed
- HS diploma, college degree preferred
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- High attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Competitive attitude and innovative nature
- Enthusiasm and high energy
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong computer use skills
- Ability to resolve problems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
We offer a great salary and benefit package with bonus potential for select positions. If you are looking for a challenging position with a national leading logistics and trucking company, we’d like to hear from you!
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.