Customer Service Representative – Logistics
Full-Time | Eagan, MN, US
This position is located in our Eagan, MN office. Responsibilities of this role include communicating directly with customers to enter and process incoming freight orders, researching and resolving questions and problems, and providing reporting. Previous experience in a customer service or operations role with a trucking company is required.
Daily Activities Include:
- Schedule customer orders timely and accurately
- Monitor and track On Time Delivery per assigned customer
- Communicate effectively with customer by phone, fax, e-mail, and EDI for scheduling appointments and providing customer service
- Enter customer orders and data accurately and timely
- Maintain customer database
- Document customer feedback and complaints. Refer unresolved customer issues to designated CSM for further follow up
- Manage assigned trailer pools per assigned customer
- Maintain filing system for customer orders
- 3-5 years trucking industry experience; role involving customer and driver contact preferred
- Knowledge of DOT safety requirements for drivers and carriers
- Clear understanding of hours of service / legal transit times. Experience with E-logs
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to work in team environment and fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with a diverse group of individuals, both internal and external customers
- Ability to make sound decisions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.