Director of Customer Service – Logistics
Full-Time | Eagan, MN, US
This position is located in our Eagan, MN office and is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities and overseeing the Logistics Customer Service department to drive results and handle escalating issues. This position will also be responsible for training, coaching and mentoring of staff. Five years of previous experience in a customer service management role with a trucking company is required.
Daily Activities Include:
- Manage new customer on-boarding process
- Maintain in-depth working knowledge of our freight needs on a macro or vertical level
- Maintain service performance metrics for customers and submit service corrective action plans
- Assist with creating Executive Summaries for existing customers
- Establish KPIs to measure customer service team productivity and manage reporting to leadership
- Create and deliver presentations to customers and leadership
- Assess staffing needs and make decisions to ensure productivity and company growth
- Work closely with sales and operations to identify and build our freight density in all areas
- Work with other department heads to achieve the overall division objectives
- Forecast and develop methods to capture opportunities with existing customers
- Develop a thorough understanding of our operating system. Provide direction to customer service staff on the process and use of our internal IT systems
- Implement technology and be able to bring new system ideas to leadership team
- Manage budget plan
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that represents a good leader and business associate
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business or a combination of education and experience with a trucking/3PL brokerage company in a customer service role managing a customer service team
- 5 years or more of customer service management in the transportation industry
- Analytic and data driven
- Experience managing a team including coaching and developing
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and verbal skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.