Director of Customer Service
Full-Time | Eagan, MN, US
The purpose of this position is to manage the day-to-day activities and oversee the refrigerated trucking customer service and planning departments to drive results and handle escalating issues. The position will also be responsible for training, coaching and mentoring of staff.
To qualify for this position, you must have prior experience managing a customer service team for a trucking company. You must also have good communication skills, excellent computer skills and experience hiring, training, coaching and mentoring.
Daily Activities Include:
- Manage new employee training & new customer onboarding process.
- Maintain in-depth working knowledge of our freight needs on a macro or vertical level.
- Maintain service performance metrics for customers and submit service corrective action plans.
- Assist with creating Executive Summaries for existing customers.
- Establish KPIs to measure customer service team productivity and manage reporting to leadership.
- Create and deliver presentations to customers and leadership.
- Collaborate with management to proactively hire additional team members to ensure alignment with productivity and company growth goals.
- Work closely with sales and operations to identify and build our freight density in all areas.
- Forecast and develop methods to capture opportunities with existing customers.
- Manage budget plan.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that represents a good leader and business associate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, or a combination of education & work experience with a trucking company in a customer service role managing a customer service team.
- 5+ years’ experience in customer service management within trucking/logistics industry.
- 5+ years’ experience in onboarding, coaching, & development of employees.
- Strong analytical, planning, and data reporting skills.
- Strong experience and knowledge working in a truck database system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.