Full Stack Software Engineer
Full-Time | Eagan, MN, US
The Full Stack Software Engineer position will be part of a small but effective team working with leading applications that directly impact our customers, both internally and externally. Microsoft technologies are our core development platform, but with a heavy amount of Salesforce/Force.com/Apex also used. This position would focus more on data and backend processing, and would work on frontline projects that are critical to Bay & Bay’s growth plans. You would select, design, prototype, develop and implement technology solutions that will deliver the future of Bay & Bay with a small team of amazing engineers.
- Deliver solutions that leverage capabilities of the Microsoft .Net platform, the Salesforce Force.com platform, and other tools and frameworks as necessary.
- Support the configuration and delivery of our trademarked BOSS TMS (Transportation Management System), built on Force.com and .Net (moving to .Net 5).
- Build out and expand company data warehouse and business intelligence capabilities.
- Build front-end software elements using Java Script, HTML5+, and/or .Net frameworks.
- Work with business leaders to deliver great software that makes a real impact on the company and our customers.
- Drive platform and technology choices and own timelines and solution approach.
- Maintain right-sized technical documentation. Lead BI solution design sessions, integrations, configurations, API and other interface documentation.
- Work efficiently in an Agile environment to ensure team productivity and velocity.
- Maximize reuse and keep the big picture in mind while developing architectural solutions.
Required Experience and Education:
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area, or 5+ years of equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of mixed experience with Microsoft .Net (C#) or .Net Core 3.1 is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years with Microsoft-based business intelligences solutions (SSIS, Data Factory, PowerBI, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience developing integration (web services, ETL, file transfers/SFTP, etc.).
- Track record for learning and applying new technologies.
- Experience in using Agile methods and driving development platform decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Some UI experience in PowerBI, HTML 5 and Java Script frameworks.
- Dependable and reliable.
- High stress Tolerance and ability to work in fast, time sensitive work environment.
- Understanding of good development best practices and methodologies
- Experience with a database query languages and DB management (SQL Server, T-Sql, DB2, etc.).
- Certification in Microsoft Development (MCSD, MCSE-Data/Cloud).
- 2+ Salesforce.com experience, APEX development strongly preferred.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator (ADM201) and/or Certified Salesforce Developer (DEV 401)
- Some experience with some form of Azure technologies up to but not limited to Databases, Containers, Integrations, AI & Machine learning, Big Data, Reporting, cost management.
- Experience with reporting and big data tools such as Power BI, Data Factory
- Development experience with Microsoft and Salesforce Communities.
Advantages of The Bay Way:
- Smaller company atmosphere, where you’re a person, not a number.
- Solid company PTO policy, paid company holidays, and 401K.
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance options, as well as short and long term disability and life insurance.
- New modern office facility with on-site fitness center, standing desks, triple monitors, foosball/games, and much more!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.