Full-Time | Eagan, MN, US
Bay & Bay Transportation is seeking a full-time Logistics Manager to join their team! The Logistics Manager will manage the daily activities of the truckload brokerage teams. This individual is responsible for training, mentoring, and ensuring all processes are followed within their assigned truckload brokerage team. This onsite position reports to the Director of Truckload Operations.
- Manage distribution of workload among truckload brokerage teams.
- Coach truckload brokerage staff on negotiating with carriers.
- Assist in development of KPIs for assigned truckload brokerage team.
- Extensive understanding of pricing trends & negotiation tactics.
- Achieve budget for assigned truckload brokerage team.
- Coordinate efforts between truckload brokerage teams to cover customer commitments.
- Oversee recruiting, training and supervision of all truckload brokerage staff and independent contractors.
- Train truckload brokerage staff on using internal customer management system.
- Assist accounting and operations staff in resolving settlement inquires with carriers.
- Provide feedback to IT for internal customer management system development.
- Collaborate with Pricing Manager & Director of Operations on pricing trends.
- Ensure compliance with company policies by truckload brokerage staff and independent contractors.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Supply Chain Management or Logistics.
- 8-10 years of transportation/trucking industry experience required.
- 5 years’ experience managing a truckload brokerage team required.
- 3-5 years’ experience as an individual contributor.
- Prior P&L experience required.
- Experience in conflict resolution, coaching, mentoring & training.
- Proven experience w/ developing & implementing new strategies & procedures.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to tolerate high stress situations.
Advantages of Bay & Bay Transportation
- Smaller company atmosphere, where you’re a person, not a number.
- Solid company PTO policy, paid company holidays, and 401K.
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance options, as well as short and long term disability and life insurance.
- New modern office facility with on-site fitness center, standing desks, triple monitors, foosball/games, and much more!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bay & Bay is equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging position with a national leading trucking and logistics company, we’d like to hear from you!
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.