Full-Time | Eagan, MN, US
This position is located in Eagan, MN part of a larger team in the Brokerage division. As a Logistics Specialist, you’ll execute logistics services offered to shipper and carrier customers, and match available shipments with carrier capacity and managing the process to completion.
- Phone and e-mail contact with customers / carriers to solicit available equipment.
- Register shipment status information into our computer system and communicate service updates our customer.
- Provide carrier rates and service options with customers.
- Issue complete, accurate and timely load information to process the customer shipments timely.
- Work cooperatively with team members on coordination of customer quotes and shipment processing
- Be creative to provide solutions to the customer on price and service with pool of carriers
- Comply with carrier screening and compliance policies.
- Provide back-up to fellow team members as needed.
- Assist in training new team members.
Experience and Education:
- Previous Freight broker or customer service experience preferred but not required.
- Strong sales background helpful.
- Strong computer user skills.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills.
- Competitive attitude and innovative nature.
- Enthusiasm and high energy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to resolve problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.