Logistics Team Manager
Full-Time | Eagan, MN, US
The purpose of this position is to manage the daily operational activities of assigned Carrier Logistics team. This position is an integral part of the growth strategy within Bay & Bay as this business unit is targeted for high growth.
- Manage the daily activities of assigned Carrier Logistics team
- Work cooperatively with team members on sharing available carrier capacity information
- Assist Customer Service team in daily operational activities
- Provide pricing feedback to Customer Service/ Sales/ Pricing Department
- Assist in developing growth strategies for new customers
- Develop and report KPI’s for managed group
- Assess team performance, conduct performance reviews, conduct disciplinary actions as needed
- Assess staffing needs by conducting interviews and make hiring recommendations
Experience and Education:
- College Degree in Business, Logistics or Economics or a combination of experience
- Minimum five (5) years of Logistics experience preferred
- Prior experience in a Logistics company with a customer centric setting preferred
- Prior experience in managing a Logistics Pod or Team
- Prior experience in P&L discussions or responsibilities preferred
- Strong communications skills, negotiating skills and persuasiveness
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Competitive attitude and innovative nature
- Enthusiasm, high energy, ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bay & Bay is equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We offer a great salary and benefit package with bonus potential for select positions. If you are looking for a challenging position with a national leading logistics and trucking company, we’d like to hear from you! Click here to apply.
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.