Director of Logistics – RT
Full-Time | Eagan, MN, US
The purpose of this position is to provide oversight of the Logistics staff for the Refrigerated Trucking Division. This position will develop and execute strategies for growth, and expand services offered. This role will be focused on working with management and the Refrigerated Trucking sales team to develop existing business and acquiring new business.
- Manage the daily activities of assigned team including: training and mentoring
- Assess team performance, conduct performance reviews, conduct disciplinary action as needed – PIPs, written warnings, terminations etc.
- Assess staffing needs, conduct interviews and make hiring decisions
- Set process for new customer onboarding
- Maintain in-depth working knowledge of our freight needs on a macro or vertical level
- Maintain service performance metrics for customers and submit service corrective action plans
- Assist with the execution of creating “Executive Summaries” for existing customers
- Establish KPIs to measure team productivity and share those metrics with leadership
- Ability to create and deliver presentations to key accounts
- Work closely with sales and staff to identify and build our freight density in all areas
- Work with other department heads in our refrigerated trucking division to achieve the overall division objectives
- Forecasting and developing methods to capture opportunities with existing customers
- Develop a thorough understanding of our operating platform. Provide direction to staff on the use of these tools
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that represents a good leader and business associate
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College Degree in Business, Logistics or Economics or economics or a combination of experience
- Prior experience in refrigerated freight brokerage
- Prior experience in a leadership role with a transportation or logistics company
- Experience in power only or owned authority operations is preferred
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills, negotiating skills and persuasiveness
- Competitive attitude and innovative nature
- Enthusiasm, high energy, ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Understanding of freight industry or logistics management is desirable
- Ability to resolve problems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bay & Bay is equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We offer a great salary and benefit package with bonus potential for select positions. If you are looking for a challenging position with a national leading logistics and trucking company, we’d like to hear from you! Click here to apply.
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.