Logistics Team Manager
Full-Time | Eagan, MN, US
This position is located in Eagan, MN part of a larger team in the Brokerage division. This position is responsible for managing the daily activities of an assigned zone and team of logistics specialists including: training, mentoring, ensuring all processes are followed and shipments are assigned, tracked and data updated in a timely manner.
- Manage the daily activities of assigned zone including: training and mentoring
- Assess team performance, conduct performance reviews, conduct disciplinary action as needed – PIPs, written warnings, terminations etc.
- Assess staffing needs, conduct interviews and make hiring recommendations
- Cover freight and work with assigned team & other departments to maximize profits and service customers
- Advising customer service, in a timely fashion of service updates
- Provide back up to fellow team members as needed
- Assist in training new team members
- Phone and e-mail contact with carriers to secure supply chain capacity for shipments from our shipper customers
- Negotiate rates and service with carriers so as to maximize profitability on each shipment while delivering on our service commitment to customers
- Registering accurate and timely shipment status information on each shipment in our computer system and communicate service updates to Customer Specialists
- Issue complete, accurate and timely load confirmations to the carrier(s) on each shipment
- Work cooperatively with team members on sharing available carrier capacity information
- Provide pricing feedback to Pricing Manager for accurate rate guidelines for operations and sales staff
- Comply with carrier screening and compliance policies
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College Degree in Business, Logistics or Economics or a combination of experience
- Prior experience in a logistics role with a transportation or logistics company managing a team
- Strong computer user skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communications skills, negotiating skills and persuasiveness
- Competitive attitude and innovative nature
- Enthusiasm, high energy, ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Understanding of freight industry or logistics management is desirable
- Ability to resolve problems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bay & Bay is equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We offer a great salary and benefit package with bonus potential for select positions. If you are looking for a challenging position with a national leading logistics and trucking company, we’d like to hear from you! Click here to apply.
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.