Full-Time | Eagan, MN, US
This full-time position is a valuable member of the operations team working on the Extended Coverage team. Work schedule is typically on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday schedule. Responsibilities include communicating directly with customers and drivers, handling all operational issues, researching and resolving problems, and providing reporting. This position requires someone with broad experience in trucking as it touches on all areas of our trucking operations from customer service to dispatching to planning as well as resolving issues for drivers and customers.
Daily Activities Include:
- Monitor and track On Time Delivery by customer / driver
- Communicate effectively with customer by phone, fax, e-mail, and EDI for scheduling appointments and providing customer service
- Deal with driver issues and resolve issues that must be handled
- Handle issues that arise to ensure best results for drivers / customers
- Document customer feedback and complaints. Refer unresolved customer issues to designated CSM for further follow up
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Contacting appropriate groups to resolve equipment issues in a timely fashion
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Some college education preferred or equivalent experience and transportation management training preferred
- 3-5 years transportation industry experience, customer and Driver contact preferred
- Knowledge of DOT safety requirements for drivers and carriers preferred
- Knowledge of HOS
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to work in self-managing environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to tolerate high stress situations
- Dependable and reliable
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with a diverse group of individuals, both internal and external customers
- Ability to make sound decisions
This job has no direct reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.