Experienced Refrigerated Trailer Mechanic
Full-Time | Burnsville, MN, US
We are looking for experienced refrigerated trailer mechanics for our shops in Burnsville, MN and Denton, TX. Pay is $20-$32 an hour with up to $3,000 sign-on bonus. Work schedule is Monday – Friday, first and second shifts available, occasional Saturdays (rotating and volunteer), benefits after 60 days, 3 weeks paid time off and vacation.
In this position you will perform preventative maintenance and repairs primarily on refrigerated trailers. You will also ensure that all vehicles are in safe operating condition and perform repairs that meet DOT, state and federal requirements. Other duties may include assisting with performing PDI’s and installing equipment on new and used trucks and trailers, and performing warranty services.
To qualify for this position, you must have 5+ years of experience with refrigerated trailers and heavy duty trucks. You must have good communication skills, follow safety rules, have a strong work ethic, be dependable and maintain a clean work/shop area.
We offer competitive pay and benefits including Tool Allowance, safety boots and glasses reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, accident, hospitalization, critical illness, paid time off PTO), 401(k), paid Life Insurance, paid Short-term and Long-term disability.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance inspections and unscheduled repairs.
- Perform diagnostics and repairs on refrigerated trailer engine and cooling systems.
- Troubleshoot and analyze mechanical break-downs.
- Perform diagnostic and repairs on air/hydraulic brake systems, steering systems, electrical systems.
- Maintain clean work/shop area and follow safety rules. Ideal candidates:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a refrigerated trailer mechanic
- Experience with heavy duty trucks and machine shop equipment
- Knowledge of DOT safety regulations (MN DOT certification preferred)
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving background
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals, basic electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Possess necessary tools and toolbox
- Pass pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs with proper lifting tools and techniques
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bay & Bay is equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We offer career growth opportunities, a flexible work environment, competitive pay and benefits. If you are a highly motivated, enthusiastic and goal oriented individual, and would like to explore your career opportunities with a leading national transportation and logistics company, we’d like to hear from you!
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.