Tractor / Trailer Mechanic
Full-Time | Burnsville, MN, US
In this role you will perform preventative maintenance and repairs on tractors and trailers. You will also ensure that all vehicles are in safe operating condition and perform repairs that meet DOT, State and Federal requirements. You will also perform other duties to include assisting with performing PDIs, installing equipment on new and used trucks, and performing warranty service and repairs to customer trucks.
To qualify for this position, you must have prior experience with heavy, medium and light duty trucks, machine shop equipment or other similar skills. You must also have good communication skills, follow safety rules, have a strong work ethic, be dependable and maintain a clean work/shop area.
We offer competitive pay and benefits including Tool Allowance, safety boots and glasses reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, accident, hospitalization, critical illness, paid time off PTO), 401(k), paid Life Insurance, paid Short-term and Long-term disability.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance inspections and unscheduled repairs
- Troubleshoot and analyze mechanical break-downs
- Perform diagnostic and repairs on air/hydraulic brake systems, steering systems, electrical system
- Maintain clean work/shop area and follow safety rules
- Minimum 1 year experience as a tractor/trailer mechanic
- Refrigeration experience preferred
- Experience with heavy, medium and light duty trucks, machine shop equipment or other similar skills required
- Knowledge of DOT safety regulations
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving background
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals, basic electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Possess at minimum a set of hand tools including a toolbox
- Pass pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- Experience with blower and pneumatic systems a plus
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs with proper lifting tools and techniques
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.