VP of Human Resources
Full-Time | Eagan, MN, US
In this role, you will be part of the company’s Executive team and have overall responsibility for aligning the function to Bay & Bay’s strategies, and leading the HR team to successfully develop and implement people related structures and processes that support corporate strategies and initiatives.
- Develop and implement annual talent strategies and business plans that support Bay & Bay’s corporate strategies, annual plans, and revenue and profit expectations that include:
- Talent planning
- Talent acquisition
- Talent development
- Talent retention
- Deploy HR function team members in support of the overall Talent function strategies and business plans.
- Develop HR function team members to ensure full competency and high performance.
- Leadership / individual contribution in support of the following talent processes:
- Employee recognition
- Performance management
- Progressive discipline
- Work-life effectiveness
- Partnership with Bay & Bay finance team to ensure effective administration of payroll and benefits programs.
- Partner with Bay & Bay marketing team to ensure effective promotion of the Bay & Bay brand to drive talent awareness across a variety of channels and media.
- Partner with all Bay & Bay business line and function leaders to build and maintain a culture of Safety, Positive Attitude, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.
- Stay current with industry and overall economic trends that impact Bay & Bay talent strategies and processes. Be proactive with recommendations for change to stay ahead of the curve.
- Provide talent coaching and advisory services to business line and functional leadership.
- Industry visibility, and support the Executive Team as a face of the Bay & Bay brand.
- Minimum 10 + years in Human Resources related field demonstrating progressive advancement throughout career.
- Has led a team of human resources professionals.
- Demonstrates proficiency in working collaboratively and cross-functionally with members of all business lines and functions at all levels of the organization.
- Thinks strategically, and has proficiency in connecting people and profit.
- Thinks creatively, and has the ability to build teams in support of strategic initiatives.
- Effective and skilled leader of change.
- Proficient in building a business case for change, and has the ability to effectively sell ideas up and across the organization.
- Confidentiality – effectively builds trust with others and is confidential with sensitive information.
- Strong communication skills; is an effective listener, effectively processes information, and expresses self clearly across multiple communication media.
- Works efficiently and achieves results.
- Adaptability and flexibility. Effectively manages rapidly changing business environments, and is adept at pivoting as business needs change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bay & Bay is equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging position with a national leading trucking and logistics company, we’d like to hear from you! Click here to apply.
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.