Logistics Specialist/Carrier Brokerage Sales
Full-Time | Eagan, MN, US
This is a full-time position based out of the corporate office of Bay & Bay Transportation, located in Eagan, MN. As a Logistics Specialist you will work with trucking company owners, dispatchers and drivers (known as carriers) to coordinate customer shipments: it’s all about finding the right truck for the right shipment at the right time for the right price. You will also be responsible for developing carrier relationships and negotiating competitive carrier rates while achieving revenue and margin goals. This role combines sales, & supply chain planning by ensuring that freight is picked up, transported, and delivered on time.
- Negotiating rates with carriers so as to maximize profitability on each shipment while delivering on our service commitment to Customers.
- Building a carrier network within the industry
- Register accurate and timely shipment status information on each shipment in our computer system and communicate service updates to Customer Specialists.
- Issue complete, accurate and timely load confirmations to the carrier(s) on each shipment.
- Work cooperatively with team members on sharing available carrier capacity information.
- Provide pricing feedback to their Manager to allow accurate rate guidelines for operations and sales staff.
- Comply with carrier screening and compliance policies.
- Provide back-up to fellow team members as needed.
- Assist in training new team members.
- College degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or Economics, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong computer skills, and a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong negotiation skills; the tenacity to persuade & influence.
- Competitive attitude & innovative nature.
- Experience in the transportation/logistics industry is beneficial, but not required.
- Highly motivated, with a strong desire to resolve issues & provide a high-quality customer experience.
- Desire to work in a high energy, dynamic environment.
Advantages of Bay & Bay Transportation:
- Smaller company atmosphere, where you’re a person, not a number.
- Solid company PTO policy, paid company holidays, and 401K.
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance options, as well as short and long term disability and life insurance.
- New modern office facility with on-site fitness center, standing desks, foosball/games, and much more!
- Advancement opportunities with various options for growth.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bay & Bay is equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging position with a national leading trucking and logistics company, we’d like to hear from you!
For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.