National Account Manager
Full-Time | Eagan, MN, US
This position is responsible for soliciting business for our logistics division and achieving margin production goals. It is also responsible for sourcing sales leads and prospecting for business in targeted markets. In this role, you will work with pricing operations staff to qualify new business opportunities, determine appropriate pricing and service commitments, and provide pricing feedback to the pricing department for our pricing model. You will also negotiate all pricing with customers and serve as liaison between the customer and our operations staff.
- Maintain in-depth working knowledge of our service modes (TL brokerage, intermodal and LTL)
- Solicit business for each of our service modes
- Contact prospective customers and qualify for potential fit with our services
- Negotiate rates with assigned customers and prospects using our pricing tools
- Develop an annual margin forecast and production goals for each mode
- Present service proposals and RFPs to assigned customers
- Work with pricing and operations staff to determine pricing strategy for each RFP
- Provide pricing feedback to pricing staff from RFPs and spot quotes
- Maintain information in Salesforce software tool
- Represent the company at trade shows and industry events
- Meet margin production goals
- Minimum of Bachelors degree, preferably in business or technical field
- 2+ years experience in truckload motor carrier freight market
- Previous sales experience in trucking/transportation industry
- Previous experience with SalesForce
- Proficient computer skills
- Experience creating and conducting sales presentations
- Strong interpersonal, communication and verbal skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Online applications can be submitted through Workforce Now®. For questions or assistance, contact us.
Bay & Bay is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.